Sunday, October 2, 2011

YHA Dunedin, New Zealand


I believe YHA around the world has a minimum standard of quality that they have to adhere to because after staying at so many YHAs, I found their standards to be reasonable and are generally clean to stay at. What do I look for when looking for a hostel? A clean, comfortable and convenient location. I can't feedback about the convenience of YHA Dunedin as I was driving around and did not experience how far it is to walk to the CBD and shops. However, it does meet my standards of clean and comfort :-)

YHA Dunedin is on a uphill location. Parking in YHA Dunedin is rather limited but you can always park at the roadside.







The entrance of YHA Dunedin. I like this place as it looks like a residential home from the outside. From the outside it looks small but it is actually quite a big hostel inside.





As you enter the hostel ....






This is the reception area. You need a passcode to enter the hostel after certain time in the evening.







The computer room




My bedroom is on the second floor. There is no lift here so you have to carry your luggage up the flight of stairs. Good for muscle training! My room overlooks the main street but it is not noisy at night. It is a little dark but not a problem for me. The room also has a small luggage cum open wardrobe area. Space wise is enough for us to walk around without having to tilt our bodies sideway when someone comes along. The bed is comfortable but it gives a squeeking sound whenever I move. I was worried that the sound may disturb the rest of the girls in my room so I tried not to move so much when I slept that night.





The corridor outside the rooms is a little dark too.







Bathroom is clean.



This is the way down to the TV room. It's like a secret passage to me, haha ....open the door that leads to the TV room and you see this staircase. Go down the staircase and you find the TV room. Inside the TV room there is another door/passage that leads to the laundry room.





The kitchen is big, spacious and complete.





I found another small kitchen nearby :-)





The dining room.



They have a rooftop garden that overlooks the city.






Personally I think this hostel has a cosy environment and is worth your consideration if you need a budget place to stay at Dunedin.


No comments:

Post a Comment