Tuesday, October 11, 2011

13D12N South NZ - Arrowtown / Queenstown


Day 10 - Arrowtown & Queenstown

We were hoping that the weather forecast was wrong. After all they made a mistake for Milford, remember? They could be wrong this time too. Oh boy, they were not wrong. They were so right and it was drizzling the whole day. We can't be sleeping in the whole day so we made a trip to Arrowtown which is a 20 minutes drive from Queenstown.

Arrowtown is so small. You can finish your sightseeing here in about 45 minutes.








On the way back to Queenstown, we stopped by the Shotover Jet location to snap some photos of the boats. We saw many excited and satisfied customers here, especially when they were viewing their videos after the ride. Ooops, am I giving them a free advertisement here??







Back at Queenstown, we walked a little around the city trying to see as much as we can in the light drizzle.






I stumbled upon a Thai restaurant having a lunch promotion of NZ$10. Without hesitating, I went in for my lunch. I missed Asian food after so many days in NZ. I really had a very satisfying meal, even though the standard was not worth complimenting but I have no complaints either.





That evening, we visited the Minus 5 Ice Bar at Queenstown. We were given gloves and a jacket each to wear. It was kind of interesting inside as everything was made of ice. The lights kept changing colours too. The entry ticket was inclusive of a glass of cocktail. After drinking, we have to break the glass and threw it into the dustbin. We were only allowed in there for about 30 minutes.








We walked around the Queenstown Mall and decided to have dinner at Pogs which was an Irish Pub. I didn't made a wrong choice. The pasta was so delicious. I think it was called something like creamy mushroom and wine sauce with bacon?







I crossed fingers again hoping that tomorrow will be a bright sunny day.



No comments:

Post a Comment