Sunday, August 31, 2008

Waikiki Beachside Hostel, Honolulu August 2007



This is Waikiki Beachside Hostel in Honolulu. To get here directly, you can take the direct shuttle from the airport to the hostel. Just pay them a couple dollars, about US$8.

Sad sad sad...this hostel does not have a lift but their cafeteria is quite big and is not in the building. Since Honolulu is so hot, I find it quite uncomfortable to sit around under the hot sun, without the air-con.


There are two different floors, one for the ladies and another for the men. There is an in-room telephone for free local calls. That's the plus point. Also, there is a TV in the room. The washroom/bathroom is quite dirty and messy to me. I don't really feel comfortable staying there. On the first night, one of the girls came back drunk. She stepped in and suddenly we heard a loud noise. She fell straight on the floor and the other two room mates have to carry her on to the bed. For me, I just continue to sleep...hehe




I actually checked out the next day. I was fortunate to have a friend there and I checked into his house instead. One caucasion girl saw me with the luggage as I was about to carry it down the staircase when I checked out and she offered to help. She didnt even wait for me to agree and she just grab my luggage and bring it down for me. I was of course very thankful to her but then I was also wondering if I am really that small and weak looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment