Sunday, August 31, 2008

Journey Waterloo Hostel, London Sept 2007



I would describe Journey Waterloo hostel as very cute. It is near to Lambeth North Station, which is walking distance to the hostel and is one stop away from the Waterloo Station where you take the Eurostar to Europe. Anyway, the Eurostar station should have shifted by now to another place in the city. Just walk straight across the Lambeth North Station for about 10-15 minutes and you would reach the hostel. The area is very quiet though and at first I thought I was lost because it doesn't look like there is a hostel in that area. There are not many people walking in the small street in that area.

The hostel looks like an English cottage to me from the outside and the walls inside are printed with footprints. There are no keys or cards given and access to the hostel and rooms is by password. When you reached, you need to ring the bell and the reception will open the door.

There is no lift in the hostel which is a setback. There are only two floors. I stayed here for a night only during my transit from London to Brussels the next morning. I chose this location as it was just a station away from Waterloo then...and I do not have to rush to the Waterloo station the next day since I have already collected my Eurostar ticket the evening when I arrived.

There are internet in the lobby but it cost 1.75 pounds per minute.




This is the corridor to my room. There is no attached bathroom or washroom. Both are for common use and is located along the corridor. As you can see, everything is so small and squeezed. There is an iron provided for common use in the corridor. Breakfast is also provided but I did not have a chance to enjoy it as I have to leave early for my train to Brussels.

I was lucky to stay here for only a night. I had a room mate from China with her mum who is here to attend her convocation. She snores so loudly the whole night and I didn't really have a good rest that night. She not only snores but she also makes funny noises when she sleeps. Gosh! I wonder how the rest of my room mates slept that night. That's the disadvantage of sleeping with others in a dorm. If you do not mind paying extras, you can always have a room to yourself or especially when you are travelling with friends.

The staffs here are very friendly. Personally I do not think I will be back at this hostel but I would like to try out other hostels for different experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment