Saturday, September 24, 2011

YHA Mount Cook, New Zealand

YHA Mount Cook, a real gem in Mount Cook for the budget travellers. It is a short walk away from the famous Hermitage Hotel, about 20 minutes of normal pace.




As you can see from the pictures below, it is right in the center of Mount Cook. Isn't that lovely? When you walked out from the hostel, the first thing that you see is the beautiful mountain. It is quiet and peaceful here. Life can be so serene at this place compared to the chaos and all the traffic jams in big cities. When I arrived, I was greeted by a bubbly and cheerful staff at the reception. I can't remember her name but she is really friendly and helpful. In fact I felt so at home when I stepped into the hostel.






This is my room. I was fortunate to have the two bedded room to myself as the hostel was not full when I visited in Sept 2011. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. When I woke up in the morning, the first thing that I see from the room's window is Mount Cook :)



There are also sufficient hooks in the room for your clothes. Something that is lacking in most hostels.




The bathrooms and washrooms are also clean and I have no complaints.






This is how the corridor looks like.





The walls along the corridor is full of information on Mount Cook and the hiking paths.





This is the reception area.





The lounge.







The kitchen is big and clean. The kitchen is closed at certain time of the day for the staff to clean the kitchen.







The dining room is quite big and spacious too.




No comments:

Post a Comment