Sunday, November 16, 2008

7D6N London, Belgium and Amsterdam - Sept 2007: Part II

Amsterdam

The next morning (Day 4), Viator picked me up again from Jacques Brel Hostel for a day trip to Amsterdam. It has been drizzling the whole night and it was still drizzling when they picked me up. Hopefully it is sunny over in Amsterdam.

Our first stop was at this cheese and clog factory. Sad to say my wish didn't come true. It drizzled all the way to Amsterdam which is a 3 hours bus ride from Brussels.




At first we were asked to sit at the 'kitchen' and were given a briefing on the different types of cheese and how it was made. Don't ask me...I can't remember anything. Those yellow blocks that you see in the pictures above are the cheese.

Next is the clog making demonstration. Wow I like this....see the cute guy there? Haha....but seriously I really enjoy this session more than the cheese. There are also many different sizes of clogs....hmm, I remember the story a little. There are different types of clogs for different purposes. Err, one is used by the farmer to kick the cow (that's all I remember), the other type is used by the men to propose to the women. Errrrrr, sorry, can't recall the rest but at least I grabbed the main points??


Next, we stopped for lunch and proceeded to the city. Well, all I can say is that it was really a disappointing trip for me because of the rain. I didn't get to enjoy the sight-seeing in the city with my umbrella. The city is beautiful and is much more crowded and lively than Ghent and Bruge. It's a different atmosphere here. Shopping looks great but I didn't have the mood to step into any of the shops with the umbrella and my wet shoe.



There is also a beautiful canal in the city itself. At one point it rained quite heavily and all of us have to take shelter somewhere. It was really a waste of time and money. All the way here and I can't enjoy the city at all.





We also went for a boat ride but because it was drizzling quite heavily, we had to close the boat window and didn't get to enjoy the scenery outside. Aargh!!!!




Looks like I have to be back again someday...and hopefully the next time it will be photos filled with tulips. See you again, Netherland!

No comments:

Post a Comment